Sunday, March 23, 2008

In MY Heart



Good Morning. I wonder what the weather was when Jesus carried the cross. Was it hot, cold, sunny, bleak or was it a day we would all remember? I left North Carolina with it 75 degrees and arrived in Michigan with snow covering all of the land. Was Jesus hung on the cross? I didn't know the meaning of it. Have you ever flown in an airplane and when you took off it was gray and bleak? Then you've gone up in the air above the clouds and it was a beautiful sunny day? I sometimes wonder if that's how it's going to be on the day when I die. Will I see God's sunshine or God's rain? All my life I've prayed and prayed, gone to Mass, Good Friday services, Easter Sunday but I don't think any of that went into my heart. I knew it in my brain but now I know Jesus in my heart and WOW does it feel good!

Loveyea

1 comment:

Patricia Karnowski M.S.O.M. said...

Dear Mom,
I didn't know you had a blog. This is great.
Hope you are having a nice time in Michigan even though it is so cold there now.
My little dog, I mean your little dog is such a nice little buddy even though I think she misses you. She is picking up a few tricks that I hope don't bother you when she comes home. Rather than waiting for me to take her outside to do "her business" on MY schedule she now goes to the door when she wants to go out and cries until I take her out. Darn... it was so much easier when I decided when her body needed this.
I also got her the same dried liver treats that my dog Scout loved so much. They didn't have a small package and so I had to buy a tub of them that cost me $15. I think they must add something to these treats that acts like heroin to a dog. Now when Baby Girl wants one she will sit and stare at the counter they are sitting on until I give in.
She will do anything I ask her to do for them. She will dance on her back legs, hop onto the chair then hop on to the cushion I put on the floor then run to the dining room chair, jump on and wait until I tell her to go back to the other chair then dance again then sit until I finally give her a tiny piece of heroin... I mean liver treat!
Bekki is coming for diner today. She is bringing her boy friend. She said she wanted ham, mashed potatoes and green beans with mushroom soup. So I am making a whole ham for just the 3 of us. I bought some containers so that I could give them each big doggy-bags when they leave. I think we will be eating ham for awhile...haha.

Easter is the time of transformation and renewal. My friend in India wrote this to me today:
"This year the 'transformation in Nature and triumph of Good over Evil' theme of 4 major world religions have come together on one weekend:
Holi-Hindu
Good Friday - Easter
Zorastrian New Year
Prophet Mohd's birth and death anniversary.
Plus, the vernal equinox!
This is too good an opportunity to miss for meditation, as it is one of the best times in many years when there is lots of intrinsic goodwill in the atmosphere surrounding the earth!

While wishing you Greetings for all of these, I want to urge you to please spend a few minutes in silent contemplation today, with this theme as the background."

Love and Peace,
Patricia